Thursday, July 17, 2014

SAMANTHA PROFILE

Player profile
Samantha Mahoski,

Wesley scholar athlete
 

Samantha Mahoski
Here is a profile of Wesley Wolverine junior 1B  
Samantha Mahoski (Schenectady, New York).

We hope to have similar profiles from every Wolverine softball player. If you would like to submit a profile this summer, please write wesleysoftball@gmail.com to inquire about it.

WESLEY COLLEGE
WOLVERINE PROFILE

Player's name: Samantha Mahoski

Hometown: Schenectady, New York

Primary position: First Base

Samantha: At bat, driving the ball

Secondary position: First Base

Where I attended high school: Schenectady High School

College graduation year: 2015

College Major:
History

What I hope to do when I graduate: I hope to go to Grad school and earn my masters in library information science, with a focus in archival work. I also plan on going after my PhD as well.

My passion off the field: My academics, it's something that I wish to succeed at no matter what.

COLLEGE EXPERIENCE

Samantha: consistently 
provides a stellar defense

Academic achievements: I’ve successfully been a scholar athlete every semester of college thus far.

Campus clubs or organizations:
I am currently President of the Historical Society on campus.

Academic trips taken: Traveled to California in the fall semester of 2013 and also the Oneida Community in Upstate New York with my honors class.

Non-major course that I have enjoyed the most: Into to American Politics. I not only really enjoyed the professor but the content of the course was really interesting to me.

Besides softball, what I like best about college: The opportunity to meet new people and having the freedom to do what I want. It is also nice to be held accountable, because in college it is up to you, and only you, to be successful.

Besides softball, my favorite spot on campus:
1.) The library because it is where I can accomplish mostly everything and 2.) My bed because I love sleeping. 


Samantha: ready on every pitch
PERSONAL "LIKES" 
  
Things I like to do: I enjoy reading, hanging out with friends and family.

My summer job: I work at an assistant living center for senior citizens, where I work life enrichment. This means that I help organize the activities and trips that the residents partake in. (i.e. Bingo, arts/crafts, trips to Price Chopper).

Best advice I've received: “Remember that everything good takes time” Reminds me to keep working hard no matter what and that with time will come results.

Favorite player: The Captain, Derek Jeter. He is the epitome of class and I admire his leadership, on and off the field. And also Mark Teixeira. As a first baseman I enjoy watching him play, and I often look up to him, as a player.

Favorite teams: New York Rangers and the New York Yankees.

Favorite books: Escape, Johnny Got His Gun, 1984.

Samantha: play at the plate

Favorite movies: I can pretty much quote all of Bridesmaids. But I also enjoy 21 Jump Street (sometimes referred to as Jump 21 by myself) and the Heat.

Favorite quotes: “You must do the things you think you cannot do.” By Eleanor Roosevelt. She is my favorite person in history, without a doubt.

Who I would love to invite to dinner:
Hillary Clinton because she inspires me.


What is most important to me: My friends and family. Without the support that they give me, it would be hard to do almost anything and without them I would not be where I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment