Friday, April 25, 2014

MAHOSKI INTERVIEW

She's De La Warr Historical Society president
CAC interviews Wesley Wolverine
Samantha Mahoski at conference website


CLICK HERE to read the full Capital Athletic Conference's (CAC's) profile of Wesley Wolverine sophomore #25 1B Samantha Mahoski (Schenectady, NY)


Samantha Mahoski
A few excerpts from the profile interview...

SAMANTHA: “Being a history major has allowed me to widen my horizons and see many different things from multiple perspectives.”

SAMANTHA: “My favorite spot on campus would have to be the softball field. Being there allows me to forget about everything else in the world and focus on one thing. On the field, nothing else matters.”

SAMANTHA:
“...my favorite place to visit (outside of home and campus) is the ocean... Its beauty is beyond measure and the sound of the waves is therapeutic. Walking along the beach with my toes in the sand is pure relaxation.”

SAMANTHA: “While being an athlete at college, I have realized that being a part of a team is the most important aspect to my game. My teammates push me to become a better player and they are there for me no matter what. It is through my team that I have gained the closest friends and the best of memories. At college, my team has become my family and it is something that I will never forget.”  


SAMANTHA: “The ignorance of education is an important societal issue facing college students today. Many students go to college with limited knowledge because of the failures seen across the education system in America. Because of this, students have a hard time learning on a higher educational level. It is also becoming more rare that students have the ability to critically think and have rational thought because of a heavy reliance on memorization.”

SAMANTHA: “It is important that everyone fully realize that no race, gender, or ethnicity is better than the other. If the belief that everyone has the same basic natural rights could be enveloped across the globe, then inequality could be dissipated."

SAMANTHA: “My favorite form of entertainment is reading. It is simple, yet intriguing and it forces you to use your mind.”

SAMANTHA: “Alice Paul, Hillary Clinton, and Eleanor Roosevelt are three people that I would like to have dinner with. Each of these women is extremely inspiring and have made great strides throughout history and have also touched on the concern of gender issues. Alice Paul was extremely determined in her cause and her ability to overcome anything that was pushed her way. I find Hillary Clinton to be a crusader of many issues facing domestic and international problems today... Lastly, Eleanor Roosevelt was the driving force of the many social programs implanted during the great depression and was also a crusader for equality in society.”

No comments:

Post a Comment